Kadayam, in Ambasamudram Taluk of Tirunelveli District is thus far not projected well although it has much historical importance. It has the famous Nithya Kalyani Ambal temple which finds a place in Kapila Puranam and also Sage Sundaramurthy Nayanar has sung in praise of the Goddess. King Dasaratha Maharaja has worshipped at the Nithya Kalyani Ambal Sametha Vilvaranyeswarar temple for getting progeny. Apart from this, there is also the powerful Sastha temple on the Western Ghat forest hill.
The following are the ensuing festivals to be celebrated in Kadayam.
• Sri Ramanavami
• 08.04.2014 Sree Ramar Jananam
• 09.04.2014 Sree Seetha Kalyanam
• 10.04.2014 Sree Anjaneya Utsavam
• Chithra Pournami - 14.05.2014 Please refer Activities Page for more details
• Vasthu Pooja - 14.05.2014 Please refer Activities Page for more details
• Thalaimalai Sastha Varushabhishekam - 02.07.2014; Transport and Bhojanam will be arranged
• Thalaimalai Sastha Preeti - 02.08.2014
• Japam, Abhishekham and food at Suzhchumamudaiyar Koil - 03.08.2014
• Annadhanam Scheme inaugurated at Nithyakalyani Amman temple with the opening of a Annadhanam Koodam on 14th July, 2013. Inviting sponsors for this noble cause !! Please refer to activities page for more details.