Kadayam, in Ambasamudram Taluk of Tirunelveli District is thus far not projected well although it has much historical importance. It has the famous Nithya Kalyani Ambal temple which finds a place in Kapila Puranam and also Sage Sundaramurthy Nayanar has sung in praise of the Goddess. King Dasaratha Maharaja has worshipped at the Nithya Kalyani Ambal Sametha Vilvaranyeswarar temple for getting progeny. Apart from this, there is also the powerful Sastha temple on the Western Ghat forest hill.
The following are the ensuing festivals to be celebrated in Kadayam.
• Sri Rama Navami - 19th, 20th & 21st April 2013
• Chithra Pournami - 25th April 2013
• Sastha Preeti - Thalaimalai Ayyan Koil 13th July 2013
• Kumbhabhishekam of Sree Nithyakalyani Amman Temple
• The Kumbhabhishekam of Sree Nithyakalyani Amman temple was performed on 23rd January 2013. Refer to the Activities Page for more information.
• Annadhanam Scheme inaugurated at Nithyakalyani Amman temple with the opening of a Annadhanam Koodam on 14th July, 2013. Inviting sponsors for this noble cause !! Please refer to activities page for more details.
• Idol of Lord Lingothbhavar installed at Goddess Nithyakalyani Ambal temple on 14th November 2013. Please refer to activities page.