Kadayam, in Ambasamudram Taluk of Tirunelveli District is thus far not projected well although it has much historical importance. It has the famous Nithya Kalyani Ambal temple which finds a place in Kapila Puranam and also Sage Sundaramurthy Nayanar has sung in praise of the Goddess. King Dasaratha Maharaja has worshipped at the Nithya Kalyani Ambal Sametha Vilvaranyeswarar temple for getting progeny. Apart from this, there is also the powerful Sastha temple on the Western Ghat forest hill.
The following are the ensuing festivals to be celebrated in Kadayam.
• Sri Ramanavami
• 04.04.2017 Sree Ramar Jananam
• 05.04.2017 Sree Seetha Kalyanam
• 06.04.2017 Sree Anjaneya Utsavam
• 10.05.2017 Chithra Pournami
• 07.06.2017 Visit of Sri.Sankaracharya of Sharada Peetam, Sringeri to Kadayam. Please refer Activities Page for more details
• 29.07.2017 Thalaimalai Sastha Preeti
• 22.08.2017 Samashti Bishavanthanam